The income from Legacies is important to the future of VHP(UK) Bolton Branch and its work. Your special gift will help us to serve our community and Dharma better.
1.What can I leave to VHP(UK) Bolton Branch in my Will?
- You can bequeath to VHP(UK) Bolton Branch whatever you want, and there are a number of ways you can leave a gift to VHP(UK) Bolton Branch.
- A residuary bequest is a most valuable kind of gift which VHP(UK) Bolton Branch would be very grateful for. Once you have provided for family or friends with specific gifts of money or property, VHP(UK) Bolton Branch receives all or part of the residue of your estate – that is, the amount left once specific legacies and other liabilities have been paid.
- A pecuniary bequest is a gift of a specific sum of money.
- A specific bequest is a gift of a specific valuable object, that you wish VHP(UK) Bolton Branch to have after your lifetime. Gifts of property are also welcome.
2.How easy is it to pledge a legacy to VHP(UK) Bolton Branch and can I change my existing Will?
- It is quite simple. If you are writing a Will, we would advise that you consult with a qualified solicitor.
- If you have an existing Will, you may add to it by means of a codicil. This is an additional instruction and is simple and inexpensive to draw up.
3.What do I do now?
- If you haven’t yet made a Will or want to add a codicil, you should see a qualified solicitor.